Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Top 5 Most Influential Novels

My top 5 most influential novels
These are the novels that changed my life:


This ornithology text book was given to me and signed by Patrick J. Lynch when I was only 4 and became a constant companion for me. It taught me that "Hope is the thing with feathers." - Emily Bronte
Learning about birds and watching them fly made me want to fly with them.

This novel showed me that there were endless possibilities left to explore. I may have been/be asthmatic and unable to run or be as physical as I wanted/want to get to be but through reading this series I was able to find a new strength I had not had and run as a female knight.

This novel taught me that you can be an outcast and rise to greatness. While I haven't risen to greatness yet, Queen Elizabeth has been an inspiration to me since, I went on to study her for years and continue to find her fascinating.

This novel taught me that sometimes unconventional love can be the most beautiful thing. I kept reading about happily ever after and just couldn't imagine life that way, this kind of love is the love I want. Something with depth and knowledge, something to be envied. 

This novel taught me that sometimes things are meant to be unexpected. That you can pick up a novel on a whim and expect to be disappointed only to find the most unique and adventurous story you have ever read. Sometimes through reading a novel you can find a kindred soul, even if it is the soul of a character that is simply created by another and written into the pages of a book.





3 comments:

  1. I love what you said about East ~ I too want a love like that !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I see fairytale endings and its nice and I can get jealous but when you see two people who just connect on that other level and seem to understand each other in ways others can't, that I ENVY. East is so amazing because it focuses on the connection between the two characters so I knew I had to add it to this list. :)

      Delete
  2. Interesting selections!

    And I like the reasons you give for the books.

    ReplyDelete